Filing an Insurance Claim After Water Damage
Call LimeGreen Now for Help in the San Fernando Valley or Anywhere in the Los Angeles Area
Most people would agree that experiencing damage to your property is stressful and discouraging. To restore your property back to its original state requires a great deal of effort and resources. Damage from water is a serious threat that can destroy any home. In fact, it is one of the most common losses and insurance claims after hail and wind. Many people find the claim process very difficult, especially when it comes to exceptions.
Since damage from water is one of the common problems for homeowners, it is essential to know how to file a claim. The goal, when filing your claim, is to get a quick response so we can move into the water removal phase. This helps reduce the costs of restoration, mold growth, and other things associated with water damage.
Here are some helpful tips to consider when submitting your insurance claim:
- Inform your insurance company and avert further damage – Make your insurance company aware of your predicament and secure any valuables to prevent further damage. Board up any tap holes, broken windows, and doors, turn off any water supply, and remove excessive water.
- Record any proof of damage from water – You should create a video record of all the damage as soon as you get the chance. Taking photos and videos of the severity of the damage serves as proof for adjusters.
- Review your insurance policy – Determine exactly what your insurance policy covers and what it does not.
- Take inventory of everything that was damaged – This is important, especially if you want to be reimbursed for your losses.
- Find temporary residence – Once you have assessed everything, you need to find housing for your family. There are policies that cover this cost, but it is essential to consult with your insurance company.
How We Can Assist
Once your claim has been approved, we work on getting your house back to normal. Our residential team will handle your damage cleanup and the restoration process. We can create a plan to lay out the remainder of the process. We will also ensure that your house is safely contained. We will work quickly to keep your losses to a minimum. We have the equipment and specialized personnel necessary to deal with every step of this process. Once the damage is evaluated, we will drain the stagnant water.
The Water Removal Process
- Inside Your Home – If the water is inside your home, we try to get rid of it within the shortest time possible; the furniture is moved from the affected areas during the process. If the damage is because of dirty water, the carpet will be removed. If the water is clean, the carpet will be dried and the carpets pads will be replaced.
- Under Your Home – The first thing to do in this situation is to turn off all the water inlets. Then, we vacuum the water to ensure nothing is soaking wet. If a leaky pipe is the source of the flooding, we will deploy one of our licensed in-house plumbers to fix the pipe. After the pipe is repaired, we will remove the contaminated soil and replace it with fresh soil. We will also spray antimicrobial.
We are the best solution for your restoration. Our clients always come first. We ensure that there is constant communication at every stage of the refurbishment process. Damage from water can be a very devastating setback, but our company is 100% capable of getting you back into your home as soon as possible.
We provide water removal and restoration services in the San Fernando Valley and throughout Los Angeles. Call us today at (833) 933-1445 to schedule an appointment.
Free Estimates & Insurance Assistance
We guide you through tedious process of dealing with insurance platforms so you can be compensated for your loss.
Family Owned & Operated Business
When you call LimeGreen, you are also calling a friend that will guide you like we would family and friends.
24/7 Disaster Response Within 15 Minutes
We are on our way in 15 minutes or less, so we can get to you quickly across Los Angeles.