Stopping the Leak from Encino to Los Angeles, the Entire Valley & Surrounding Areas
Leak and Damage Assessment in Los Angeles & Beyond
There is nothing more unsettling than realizing that water has been damaging your home without you knowing it. When you find yourself in this situation, discovering the source of the damage can be the biggest challenge.
We always recommend that you call us for restoration assessment if:
- You can see wet patches on the walls and the floor, but you cannot determine the source of the damage.
- Your wall paint has started peeling off, or it feels damp.
- There are signs of mold growing on the floor or the walls of your home.
- Furniture has started warping or rotting – especially if it’s made of wood.
- Carpets, curtains, and other elements of your upholstery are always damp.
The Stopping the Leak Process
The first thing to do when you realize your home has a leak and is being damaged by flooding water is to call in our experts.
When we get to your home, we will assess every room for the following signs:
- Water accumulation: The first sign of damage is the presence of pools of water in different parts of the home. Water puddles could be coming from leaking appliances such as washing machines, dishwashers, or broken bathtubs.
- Discoloration: If the water is coming from the ceiling or the roof, there will be stains. They are typically brown, yellow, or copper in color. In addition, the walls may have bubbling, cracking, or staining.
- Texture changes on the floor: As water continues to seep under the floor, its texture will change significantly. The most common texture differences include warping, buckling, sagging, expansion, and at times shrinkage.
If some or all these signs are present, we will start the process of looking for the leak. Our advanced equipment helps us screen the house to find the origins of the leak. It could be coming from inside the walls or from within the plumbing in the floor. When accurate leak detection is done, we will not have to pull apart entire walls or floor sections to make the repair. Instead, we will just concentrate on the small affected area.
Sealing the leak depends on where it is located. If it is in the plumbing system, we can use an epoxy putty to block it. Alternatively, we can cut out the damaged part of the pipe and replace it with a newer one. If the leak is from an appliance such as a bathtub, we will repair it. We also replace leaking faucets, which are another common source of water damage in homes.
Damage Assessment and Restoration
The repair process is meant to ensure that further damage does not occur in your home. However, we still need to assess the damage and do a comprehensive restoration. The tricky thing about hidden damage from water is that it festers and leads to the formation of mold, peeling paint, or rotting surfaces, which means the restoration process will include mold remediation and repainting. If the water is category 2 or 3, we might need sanitation and dehumidification to protect you from contracting diseases.
The importance of letting us handle the damage repair process is that we pay attention to every detail. When performing restorations, we focus on every aspect of your damage, even deodorization, to deal with the musty and unpleasant odors. Contact us and let us help you restore your home to the state it was in before the damage started.
You don't need to handle this emergency alone. Call us today at (833) 933-1445 for help. We can help you recover from water damage in Encino.
Free Estimates & Insurance Assistance
We guide you through tedious process of dealing with insurance platforms so you can be compensated for your loss.
Family Owned & Operated Business
When you call LimeGreen, you are also calling a friend that will guide you like we would family and friends.
24/7 Disaster Response Within 15 Minutes
We are on our way in 15 minutes or less, so we can get to you quickly across Los Angeles.