Attic Mold Remediation in Los Angeles
Residential Mold Remediation in the San Fernando Valley & Beyond
Many homeowners don’t give much thought to attic mold, since it occurs in an area of the home that’s typically distant from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. However, if left untreated, attic mold can lead to serious structural deterioration and damage. If you find yourself with a growing mold problem in the attic, it’s best to schedule an inspection by a trained and certified mold remediation specialist like the team from LimeGreen Water Damage & Restoration.
Mold Is a Danger Requiring Professional Remediation
Mold is a type of fungus that reproduces via tiny spores released into the air. When humans inhale these spores, they can cause an allergic response in the immune system.
This reaction frequently leads to the following symptoms:
- Nasal congestion
- Itchiness in the eyes and throat
- Skin dryness
- Respiratory issues
When mold allergies interact with preexisting conditions (like asthma), the symptoms can be even more extreme or even life-threatening. Ultimately, mold remediation is all about making sure you and your loved ones remain healthy and safe in your home.
If you think you may have mold in your attic, please contact us at (833) 933-1445 to speak to a specialist about how we can help! Mold can be dangerous, so always call a professional remediation specialist to help eliminate the mold in your attic.
Attic Mold Remediation Process
When we remove mold from an attic, it’s a thorough process. It involves several different steps to ensure that the problem areas are treated completely. We leave your attic as clean and safe as possible.
- Containing the Problem – The first step in the remediation process involves quarantining the affected areas. We do this to guarantee that the mold problem does not spread to other areas of the home. This process involves the use of a negative air scrubber, which functions as a high-powered, heavy-duty air filter. It safely traps any air particles that contain mold toxins and filters them thoroughly before removing them entirely from the site of contamination. This process of removing air creates a vacuum effect, reducing the risk of stray mold particles finding their way into other parts of the home.
- Removing Contaminated Items – In the second step of the remediation process, we remove everything from the attic that has been contaminated by mold. Depending on the severity of the case, it may be necessary to remove flooring, walls, insulation, and any personal belongings that have been stored near the contamination site. During this process, we take care to seal and dispose of all affected objects in a way that keeps the hazardous materials contained.
- Cleaning – Once the removal phase is complete, we begin the cleaning process. All remaining surfaces in the attic will need to be thoroughly scrubbed down and disinfected to prevent the return of mold in the future.
- Double Checking Our Results – After a remediation job is complete, we frequently keep our equipment at the work site for another day. During this time, we encourage you to set up an additional third-party mold inspection to ensure that we have created a safe, mold-free environment in the attic.
If more mold is discovered during this inspection, we can quickly resume work to address any issues. If you’re worried that you might have a mold problem, don’t hesitate to reach out to us today. We’re ready to answer any questions or address any concerns you might have about mold in the attic.
Mold can be dangerous, so always call a professional remediation specialist for help eliminating it. Call us today at (833) 933-1445 if you think you’ve spotted mold in your attic.
Free Estimates & Insurance Assistance
We guide you through tedious process of dealing with insurance platforms so you can be compensated for your loss.
Family Owned & Operated Business
When you call LimeGreen, you are also calling a friend that will guide you like we would family and friends.
24/7 Disaster Response Within 15 Minutes
We are on our way in 15 minutes or less, so we can get to you quickly across Los Angeles.